Outdoor living – patios, decks, kitchens
As the season's weather become more pleasant, outdoor living is ideal for social events, entertaining guests or just relaxing with friends or loved ones.
Lone Star Contracting designs and builds outdoor living spaces to suit your lifestyle, including kitchens, patios and decks.
Years of working with satisfied customers building outdoor kitchens gives Lone Star Contracting design and functional knowledge through experience. We share this expertise with future customers so their outdoor kitchen meets their exacting standards, and lasts a long time.
Outdoor Kitchen Tips
• Define essential spaces: prep, cook, serve, clean. This will make it easy for you to work outside.
• Locate outdoor kitchen adjacent to indoor kitchen. This will allow for faster food transfers, especially if the bulk of your prep work is in your actual kitchen.
• Don't isolate the cook. Guests like to talk to the cook, so either have a living area near the cook, or include a bar top or table with stools so guests can sit and talk with the cook.
• Put drinks access at the end of the bar. You don't want too much traffic going through the kitchen.
• Allow plenty of counter space. Accessible counter space attracts volunteers in food preparation or group cooking.
Patios designs should give you the functional space to suit your needs while accommodating comfortable traffic flows.
• Space planning for how your patio will be used: cooking, entertainment, walkway, seclution
• Construction and materials, such as wood, brick or paving, are typical and should consider slip resistance, walkway slope, disability accessible.
• Built-in or portable amenities and seating
• Style and decor to complement your home and surroundings
• Existing conditions, such as current view, sun location and restrictions
Decks can extend your home's living areas, and are made of wood, pastics or composite of both. They can be a simple single-level deck, or multiple-levels with railings, a hot tub and covered. Lone Star Contracting can evaluate your needs and design and build your dream deck.
A Good Deck...
...gets you out of the house and into nature
...transforms poorly used areas right outside your door
...makes the best of a small yard
...is the ultimate place for a party.
...add square footage to your home
...is the best place for family meals
...gives you the privacy to lounge in the sun (or shade)